- Currently – SEE http://www.hoozhooz.com
- August 16 – DNA testing performed
- June 21 – DNA testing ordered
- June 20 – Received the “Bordereau d’adoption” letter
- June 17 – Received a Request for more Information from the Canadian High Commission (CIC) in Nairobi
- May 9 – Part II application sent to the Canadian Embassy in Nairobi
- May 2 – Citizen Certificate Preparation Form sent to Sydney, NS
- April 17 – LONI received (revised for Citizenship)
- April 8 – Part I Citizenship approval
- April 4 – Passport received
- January 29 – Got Z’s birth certificate
- January 2 – Cancel our Part I for Immigration (Permanent Residency) and apply for Citizenship Part I as per our agency recommendation
- December 7 – LONI received
- November 16 – Act of Adoption received, Faxed it to the province to apply for a “Letter of No Involvement”
- November 7 – Certificate of Non Appeal received
- October 26 – Official court judgement received
- September 27 – Passed court
- July 26 – REFERRAL!
- July 13 – Part 1 Immigration approval letter FINALLY received
- July 5 – #13 (the countdown is on!)
- June 7 – Added to the waiting list for an infant. (#18 in the lineup)
- June 6 – Dossier emailed
- May 31 – Discover we were approved to sponsor. Request the letter to be re-sent to us. (Canada Post goes on strike tonight!)
- April 4 – Approved by Immigration to sponsor a child…letter forwarded to the wrong address
- March 28 – Part 1 Immigration paperwork signed and sent (for the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class)
- March 9 – Documents Notarized
- March 8 – Home Study returned to us with government approval
- February 3 – Sign Home Study
- February 1 – Got birth certificates back
- January 24 – Start hoozhooz blog site!
- January 8 – Order new birth certificates
- January 6 – First string of immunization shots
- January 3 – Medical letters obtained
- December 20 – Renew passports
- December 17 – Finger printing (INTERPOL)
- December 16 – Medicals. Met with Immigration Consultant.
- November 28 – Home Study
- November 19 – Order Marriage Certificate
- October 25 – Sent in OWAS application
- October 18 – Fill out CAS (Christian Adoption Services) application. Hand out reference forms.
- October 16 – International Adoption Workshop. The information we obtained here confirmed our suspicions. We now know that adoption is unequivocally for us; Baby is conceived in our hearts!
- August 30 – Fill out application for OWAS (One World Adoption Services.) Just holding on to it for now.
- Summer 2010 – Hearts stirring; Can’t stop thinking about adoption. Praying.
“The Spirit of God is arousing us within…waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don’t see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy. Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.” Romans 8:22-28
It is becoming clear that God is leading us to take our first step.